SharePoint is a collaboration, information sharing, and document management service.
Features of SharePoint include:
- Team sites for documents, calendar events, links, discussion boards, tasks, blogs, wikis, etc.
- Office Online - edit Word, OneNote, PowerPoint and Excel documents in a browser.
- Automatic version control for documents, pages, and lists.
- Search function with document preview.
- Compatibility with a variety of browsers and devices.
- Granular permissions that can be set at almost any level within a site.
Want to learn more about SharePoint at Caltech?
- View the Information Session presentation
- Viw the list of most common SharePoint Web Apps (features)
- Request more information, including a SharePoint demo at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Office 365).
Need a SharePoint Site?
- Request a SharePoint site at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Office 365 > SharePoint). Request a new SharePoint site). One of our SharePoint analysts will get in touch with you to gather requirements for your site.
- Review the SharePoint Site Request Questionniare, which will help you prepare for the site requirements meeting we will organize with your team.
FREE SharePoint Sites Include:
- Basic requirements gathering
- Basic setup and training
- 25GB of storage for communications, collaboration, and files
- Increased Storage: Additional storage may be purchased in 25GB increments for $60 per year. A minimum one year committment is required.
- Advanced Consulting: $100 per hour.